Today we present to you All You Need To Know About Bitter Kola, and hope it to guide you in it’s usage.
Botanical name : Garcinia kola
Common name : bitter kola
Yoruba name : orogbo
Hausa name : miji-goro
Igbo name : Akiilu
Western Central Africa, specie of a tropical flowering plants
The nut is about 3-5cm in length, has an ellipsold shape
A brown shape peel covers it. This peel is removed before it is eaten. It is used in Africa culture and for centuries for both traditional and medicinal purpose.
As an individual, it is advised that you take 2 per day
It contains the following class of nutrients
Vitamin B1, C, E
The Part That Can Be Eaten
Health benefits of bitter kola
- anti-poison : it has the ability to repel evil men and spirits , it sound superstitious but it works.
- cold and fever remedy
- healthy lungs
- prevent glaucoma
- impotence or male fertility
- weight loss
- life prolonged
Side effects of bitter Kola
- bitter kola is rich in caffeine, which is why it should be taken with caution by pregnant women and elderly people as well as patient suffering from heart disease.
- Act as blood thinner, which is why it’s forbidden to take after surgery or issue with blood thickness.
- it dramatically influence the level of sugar in the blood which is why it’s never prescibe to diabetes patient
Important thing to note about bitter Kola
THE seed and the back of the kola should be eaten together in case where food poison is suspected. It helps to detoxify the system. It really works.