Cannabinoids can be considered true multi-purpose drugs / medicines. Below are some Highlights about Medicinal Cannabis:
Cannabis can be therapeutically effective in a wide variety of doses. Anthony Wile Toronto is the CEO, Director and co-founder of PharmaCielo Ltd., a company based in Canada with an operational base in Rionegro, Colombia that looks to become a leading supplier of naturally grown and processed, standardized medicinal-grade cannabis oil extracts and related products. There is no standard dosage that is suitable for all people. Here, you will find some advantages and disadvantages for cannabis dosing:
- The successful use of cannabis as a medicine depends on how its psychoactive properties are administered. Many people enjoy getting high on cannabis; others do not. The sensitivity of a person to THC is the key to implement an effective treatment.
- t is not necessary to smoke marijuana or be drugged to receive the benefits of medicinal cannabis.
- The CBD is non – psychoactive as THC, and high doses of formulations with high content of CBDare safe, well tolerated, and sometimes necessary.
- However, high doses of CBD are not always more effective than lower doses. Only 2.5 mg of CBD combined with a small amount of THC can have a therapeutic effect.
- Preclinical studies showed that cannabis oil with a high content of broad spectrum CBD is effective at much lower doses and has a considerably broader therapeutic margin than pure pharmaceutical grade CBD.
- Less is more: cancer patients who received 21 mg of Sativex a day experienced significant pain reductions, more so than cancer patients who received either 52 mg or 83 mg of Sativex
- A prudent assessment is recommended when ingesting cannabis products with high THC content. The micro dosage of only 2.5 mg of THC can alleviate the symptoms without the person feeling drugged. If it is well tolerated, increase the amount of THC to a total of 15 mg divided equally throughout the day.
- Cumulative THC doses that exceed 20 to 30 mg per day, or a single dose of 10 mg or more, may cause unwanted side effects.
- For patients who never used cannabis, a better idea would be to start with low doses of a medication with a high CBD content and a low amount of THC , then increase the dose slowly and, if necessary, the amount of THC , one at a time. The time Take several low doses throughout the day, instead of a high one.
Finding out what the optimal dose of cannabis is may involve some trial and error. A balanced ratio of CBD and THC could offer a better therapeutic impact than CBD or THC individually. Modify the amount of CBD and THC until you find the right point with the correct combination of both compounds. In essence, the goal is to administer consistent and measurable doses of a high CBD-containing cannabis drug with as much THC as a person can tolerate.
Combinations of cannabinoids with other anti-tumor agents
Several studies developed in animal models indicate that cannabinoids potentiate the anti-tumor action of some chemotherapeutic agents. These observations suggest that cannabinoids could be tested as part of combinations of chemotherapeutic drugs used in the treatment of cancer.